NSICC Islamic School
Schools administered by the Nova Scotia Islamic Community centre (Kearney Lake Masjid) aim to cultivate an enriched learning community fostering academic excellence, leadership, and Islamic values.
To create and advance a community of scholars who are successful in both deen and dunya focusing on championing their identity as Canadian Muslims while keeping their faith and community engagement at the core of their growth.
The values embraced at Kearney Lake Masjid Islamic Weekday and Weekend Schools are cultivated by using a well-rounded method to be learning where development and training is a focus starting at primary levels. The aim is to encourage excellence in every facet of development with a focus on academic, intellectual, physical, and spiritual success.
Institution aimed at building a generation of Muslim children who have a strong Islamic identity, moral compass, and inspiring the students with the Sunnah of Prophet Mohamed (PBUH). We focus on teaching the Arabic language through reading, writing, and grammar through stories and enjoyable instruction methods. Kearney Lake Masjid Islamic Schools are open to everyone who is interested in learning the book of Allah. Our sessions are offered during weekdays (Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday) and on weekend (Sunday). Students begin their day with a halaqa that teaches them tawhid, Islamic etiquette, dua’s, hadith’s and more.
Weekday and Weekend Islamic Schools
We provide students with an opportunity to learn Arabic, Quran and familiarize themselves with Islamic customs and education.
Our goals are:
- To support the students in their development towards the best moral and social conduct, in accordance with the authentic and balanced understanding of Islam, and to lead them in developing and embodying the values of a responsible Canadian citizen
- To provide high quality education that is rooted in the Islamic faith and is in accordance with the standards and expectations outlined in the provincial curriculum
Weekend School Details
- Schedule: every Sunday, 10:30 AM to 1:30 PM
- Eligible age: 6-13 years old
- Registration and supplies fee: $20 one time payment
- Monthly tuition fees: $30 for the first sibling, $20 for each additional sibling. Fees are payable in the first week of each month.
- Contact brother Mohammed Imran for enquiries regarding the weekend school (+16477867186)
Weekday School Details
- Schedule: Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday every week, 6 PM to 8:30 PM
- Eligible age: 4 to 16 years old
- Monthly tuition fees: $60 for the first sibling, $50 for the second sibling, $40 for the third sibling, and free for any additional siblings. Fees are payable in the first week of each month.
- Contact brother Basem Khateeb for enquiries regarding the weekday school (+19022225595)